Thursday, May 10, 2012

DIY Shattered mirror wall art

               So there is a space in our home , what used to be an empty space above
                                                     "my loves" LOVE.


I knew I wanted to do a project with mirrow I got from a garage sale for 2 bucks!
I though I wanted something fancy and feminine but when I told Jimmy about my idea he was pretty stoked about doing sea life. And he was excited to help if it was a shark. Which was cool for me because there is nothing I love more than crafting, than crafting with him <3 We had a great time! and we love how it turned out. This guy gets a lot of attention and looks fabulous over our new salt water tank.
Jimmy made sure to have teeth and gills which was a great touch from him. ( I wouldn't have thought of that on my own.) Yea he's a beast.
                                                               SKETCH
                                                              SMASH
                            we covered the mirror with a sheet while smashing
Collected miscellaneous pieces and puzzle them to your work. we used a cheap Luann plywood.
The picture is terrible! but the shark looks great and we added a battery operated light behind him for the silhouette effect.


No comments:

Post a Comment